Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Congratulations, Tom!

Recently, my brother Tom obtained his diploma of social work. Moreover, he became godfather of my cousin’s third kid Elena. But most importantly, he reinforced the family-bike-collection with a couple of new wheels and some 50 additional horsepower! Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture of either the diploma, the baby or the motorbike…

Those who know my brother can send him an email to congratulate Tom and wish him good luck for next year, when he will pursue a further degree in Leuven while at the same time trying to make enough money to lavish on his godchild gifts every Christmas, New Year, school report (not immediately though), birthday, name-day, school year’s end, Easter and oh yes, for a new helmet, boots, gloves, jacket, pants, fuel, insurance fees and taxes for his newly-acquired motorbike. For my part, I will try and help him save a little on maintenance costs (of the motorbike, that is).

Those who don’t know him can of course do so in the comments…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I thank you very much for this nice blog entry. I must say I'm indeed quite satisfied with the way things have turned out lately. Not only because of my own blessings, also given the fact of close beloved relatives marrying, globetrotting, conquering their fear of public performance and giving birth.

I'm delighted to announce that Elena is probably the most amazing personality I've ever encountered, even though our conversations have been rather limited.

Furthermore I'm a little frustrated with having this gorgeous Honda CX 500 without being able to take it for a drive. Just sitting on it in the garage does seem to get boring after all... Maybe it is time to obtain the proper license. It would seem a bachelor in social work is insufficient! Can you believe it?

Allow me to end this comment with an offer you can't refuse (I AM licensed to make those lately): Wim, when you're back in september, I'll buy you a good ol' Belgian beer to celebrate!

pater collisilvae said...

correction to original article: a pair of boots perfectly matched both to the bike's age generation and to the owner's shoe size has been professionally repaired by uncle Hendrik and vehemently polished by daddy jozef
so: no need to spend scarce godfather's resources hereon