Monday, August 25, 2008

Yosemite National Park

Boy oh boy! On Thursday, 21st of August, Evi, Filip and I set off from Berkeley to Yosemite National Park. Briefly: [(Yosemite + Sequoia National Park)/4 days].(Nikon D40 SLR) = (fun AND amazement)^3…

On our way from SF to Yosemite National Park we made a quick stop in Sacramento, the capital of California. Logically, the city houses the state capitol:

California08 (677)

Inside the capitol, we saw the office of Arnold Schwarzenegger, currently the governor of California. However, Arnie “The Governator” wasn’t there. Probably he already returned to LA, where he lives. I can understand why he leaves office so early: it’s a commute of roughly 620 km (he does it every day), so you’d better leave on time if you want to be in time for dinner…

Then for our visit of Yosemite on Friday: what’s the Chinese proverb about the 1 picture and the 1000 words again? Have a look yourself… Stunning views:

California08 (788)

Amazing wildlife, both big…

California08 (714)

and small:

California08 (853)

so you can really put a tele-lens to good use:

California08 (765)

In late Summer, all falls are reduced to a trickle—that is, compared to what they are in Spring:

California08 (937)

with special thanks to Philip for lending me his wide-angle lens:

California08 (875)

We concluded our 6-hour hike with a refreshing swim in a unique decor to escape from the afternoon’s heat:

California08 (894)

(The two tiny dots in the bottom right corner are Evi and me…)

I could still put my other 10.000 pictures in this post, but you would probably exceed your Internet provider’s volume limitations in trying to view them all. Expect some news from Sequoia National Park in a couple of days…

3 comments:

Nicolas said...

You can post all the photos, and in their original size! I am at work now, no quota issues here!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures as all of them on this blog. I wish I could have such a camera last fall (when I visited myself Yosemite). But anyway, your 9999 remaining pictures will probably help me to complete my own picture album. ;-)

Didn't you meet any bear or wake up during the night because of some shots of the rangers ?

I hope you'll bring us back some bottles of Californian wine, he !

Wim said...

Oh yes, we saw a bear, I even made some pictures of it with our fancy new tele-lens...